Respecting and protecting your Personal Information is very important to us. It is also a Constitutional right, legal, and good business practice requirement, which we regard highly.
- Accept joint responsibility and accountability to responsibly manage and protect your Personal Information when you:
- Undergo training and obtain proficiency through the Falcon Firearm Academy,
- apply and obtain membership to the Falcon Recreational Shooting Club,
- Undertake to collect and access your Personal Information directly from you or from a third party with your prior and written approval while respecting your right to withdraw your consent for the processing of your Personal Information,
- Undertake to only collect and process Personal Information that is necessary for us to comply with the requirements of the relevant legislative authorities (PFTC, SAQA, PSIRA, SAPS and NRCS) and to maintain your membership to the club,
- Undertake not to share your Personal Information with any third party, unless when required to do so in terms of the accreditation and auditing requirements of the relevant legislative authorities,
- Undertake to be open and transparent regarding the Personal Information being collected, the reason for and manner of collection of such information,
- Undertake to safeguard and protect your Personal Information in our possession,
- Undertake to update and correct your Personal Information kept on file, and
- Undertake not to retain Personal Information longer than is required by the relevant legislation and rules of the governing body of the firearms sector.
We need to gather, process, and store your Personal Information for the following reasons:
- To comply with the Firearms Control Act 60/2000 and Proficiency Requirements, as stipulated by the relevant legislative authorities,
- Processing of membership to the Falcon Recreational Shooting Club,
- To maintain our relationship with you,
- To respond to your queries and provide assistance when required to do so,
- To confirm and verify your identity or to verify that you are an authorised user for security purposes,
- For audit and record-keeping purposes, as stipulated by the relevant legislative authorities; and
- In connection with possible requirements by the Information Regulator or other Government agencies allowed by law, legal proceedings, or court rulings.
We may need to share your Personal Information for the purpose of your Firearm Proficiency. This will only be done in strict adherence to the requirements of the Act.
Any additional information or concerns can be found and raised with the Information Regulator, who can be contacted as shared below, but please feel free to contact Charles Jonker first to discuss any questions or concerns you may have:
Tel: 012 406 4818